In this 3 week evening course you will learn to tackle the most common DIY tasks around the home.
Tools of the trade.
We will take you through all the common hand and power tools including hammers, screws, nails, drills, jigsaws, wall/rawl plugs, clamps, spirit levels, chisels, and hand saws!
Each student will try out every tool and learn how to use them correctly and safely.
In the second week you will learn how to use the most versatile tools, the power drill. Students will learn how to:
- putting up a shelf into brick and hollow walls,
- drilling into wood and metal,
- using a drill as an electric screwdriver for flatpack assembly and other tasks.
Carpentry & Doors
- Fitting door locks
- Basic carpentry cuts for skirting boards
- Hinges for doors and cupboards
What is provided?
- Makers Quarter provides all the safety equipment (goggles, mask, ear defenders) and tools required for the class.
- Free tea/coffee and biscuits provided.
What should I wear / bring?
- Please wear clothing you are prepared to get dusty / messy and closed shoes / boots.
No. of students: 5
Free street parking available. Our nearest Metrolink station in Cornbrook, a short 10 minute walk from the workshop.